Thursday, February 06, 2014

I'm back...for now!

So, I'm back; hopefully to post regularly, but we will see how that goes!

I decided to start writing again a while ago, and just haven't gotten back to it because of the busy-ness of life.  Church, school, and work take up the majority of my time these days and they don't leave much room for frivolities.

I was browsing through a store a few months ago and came across a book titled "642 Things To Write About," written by the San Francisco Writers' Grotto.  I plan to use some of those prompts for blog entries.  So far, they all look pretty entertaining and should provide plenty of fodder for writing!

Last year was a pretty good year for me; I went back to school and trained and completed a half marathon.  Thirteen. point. one. miles.  Yeah.  I was kicking myself about half way through, but I finished in the allotted time, and that's really all that I cared about.  I lost a toenail from the race, and I also strained my hip flexor, so I was out of heels (and off running) for 7-8 weeks.  That wasn't so fun.

Life sure does change as you grow older doesn't it?  Your body wears out faster, you're more mature and think a little more rationally...It's funny how age affects us.

What is also funny is that last year, for the first time, I actually felt like an 'adult.'  I was chatting with a friend and she mentioned that her daughter just "LOVED" me.  During the course of the conversation, I realized this girl, a teen girl, looked up to me.  It hit me hard and fast that I am now, to this girl, what those ladies were in my church when I was looking for a role model.  That's a little frightening!

I'm almost 30, and I am just starting to feel like maybe I'm becoming an adult. I'm pretty sure I'll never have a handle on it completely!

No comments: