Saturday, October 22, 2011

Vacation!!

As I write this, I am sitting in a hotel in Rome, Italy. Or, as they call it here, Roma.

We flew in Thursday morning, and landed in Venice. We stayed there until Friday evening, when we flew to Rome, and tomorrow, we leave on our cruise. We'll see one other place in Italy, 2 places in Greece and 1 place in Turkey.

So far we have toured Venice, and visited San Marcos Basilica, seen the Grand Canal, shopped in the Rialto and have eaten tons pizza, we have also toured a bit of Rome, we've been to Vatican City to see St. Peter's Basilica, the Sistine Chapel, the Vatican Museum and more sculptures than I have seen in my life time. After we did that, we went to the Spanish Steps, and ate more pizza. Here are a few pictures, but I won't bore you with too many!!


The Grand Canal in Venice

St. Peter's Basilica

Me in front of the Grand Canal in Venice

The Spanish Steps

5 comments:

Kathy McElhaney said...

ENJOY every second!!

jen lord said...

Lovely!!

Michelle Dianne said...

Praise Blessed Jesus! Pictures! Please post more! I thought we'd have to wait until Christmas or New Year for A's uber fancy ones. :)

Kendra Thaler said...

How fun!!! Enjoy!!

Mary Frances said...

AWESOME!!! I've always wanted to go to Italy!!!